Overall, I am enjoying the sort of rustic and run down feeling of these photos. They have a sort of narrative to them, especially the one that looks like an old rusted file cabinet? The old looking papers and things are very intriguing and I would love to know more about those photos.
I really like these photos especially compared to the last critique. I already see that you're getting closer to your subjects and thinking about what's around you. The colors are also very intriguing to me, I like how different they look than most color photos. Definitely a rustic and urban feel behind these. I would be interested in seeing these compared with your other photos.
I love the first photograph of the burnt up box with cards inside of it. Its like the fire just reclaimed the natural fibers once inhabited by the objects and turned them into lifeless earth tone objects. Then there is that hint of blue still shining through the copper colored destruction demanding your attention. I also like the full view this photo provides over its counterpart where the lid is blocking most of the content.
These photos are really interesting to me both because of the color grade and subjects in each photo. One of my favorite things about looking at different photos are whether or not the location/ person/object looks familiar to me, and aside from the recognition with the barn because I have seen them before(although I really like the picture!), the subjects such as the burnt cards are unique to me because I am not sure of the context of them, yet I want to. These photos have an overall very nostalgic feel that catch my attention both stylistically and contextually. I really like them!
Overall, I am enjoying the sort of rustic and run down feeling of these photos. They have a sort of narrative to them, especially the one that looks like an old rusted file cabinet? The old looking papers and things are very intriguing and I would love to know more about those photos.
ReplyDeleteI really like these photos especially compared to the last critique. I already see that you're getting closer to your subjects and thinking about what's around you. The colors are also very intriguing to me, I like how different they look than most color photos. Definitely a rustic and urban feel behind these. I would be interested in seeing these compared with your other photos.
ReplyDeleteI love the first photograph of the burnt up box with cards inside of it. Its like the fire just reclaimed the natural fibers once inhabited by the objects and turned them into lifeless earth tone objects. Then there is that hint of blue still shining through the copper colored destruction demanding your attention. I also like the full view this photo provides over its counterpart where the lid is blocking most of the content.
ReplyDeleteThese photos are really interesting to me both because of the color grade and subjects in each photo. One of my favorite things about looking at different photos are whether or not the location/ person/object looks familiar to me, and aside from the recognition with the barn because I have seen them before(although I really like the picture!), the subjects such as the burnt cards are unique to me because I am not sure of the context of them, yet I want to. These photos have an overall very nostalgic feel that catch my attention both stylistically and contextually. I really like them!
ReplyDelete