I really enjoy how you presented these photos. There is a consistent theme and atmosphere that just continues to build as you look through them. Great consistency. I also like how minimal and simplistic they are, yet quite beautiful. The first few pictures seem cold and make me slightly anxious, while the last photos feel warm and relaxing. Also, I love how the lamp bridges the transition between the different feelings. Your theme of isolation really shows through in these pictures, and different aspects of isolation. Some slightly off-putting, and some comforting. Great job!
I am a big fan of the competition between the lights and darks in your photos. For example the first few with the white walls, floor, and door and the dark shoes is aesthetically pleasing. Along with that I think i enjoy the close up of the lamp more than the further back photo of it because it reminds me of Ying and yang, equal light and dark. I enjoy the simplicity in this set of photos and believe you have a great eye for the things you know that you want out of a photo. Overall great job.
This being our second class together, I can see how your photos have grown from an artistic standpoint and as always, am impressed with their quality. I'm not sure if you went with black and white or a very blue color in the third photo and its intriguing but I think the second and fourth pictures are my favorite from how they are angled and also the lighting effects that you chose to go with.
These photographs have a cinematic feel to them. The harsh light rushing into the interiors, and the stark contrast within the later single light source lamp photos gives the series a narrative quality. The monochromatic interiors and vertical framing unify the images. It is interesting how the changing light throughout the series creates a sort of consistency when viewed sequentially.
I really enjoy how you presented these photos. There is a consistent theme and atmosphere that just continues to build as you look through them. Great consistency. I also like how minimal and simplistic they are, yet quite beautiful. The first few pictures seem cold and make me slightly anxious, while the last photos feel warm and relaxing. Also, I love how the lamp bridges the transition between the different feelings. Your theme of isolation really shows through in these pictures, and different aspects of isolation. Some slightly off-putting, and some comforting. Great job!
ReplyDeleteI am a big fan of the competition between the lights and darks in your photos. For example the first few with the white walls, floor, and door and the dark shoes is aesthetically pleasing. Along with that I think i enjoy the close up of the lamp more than the further back photo of it because it reminds me of Ying and yang, equal light and dark. I enjoy the simplicity in this set of photos and believe you have a great eye for the things you know that you want out of a photo. Overall great job.
ReplyDeleteThis being our second class together, I can see how your photos have grown from an artistic standpoint and as always, am impressed with their quality. I'm not sure if you went with black and white or a very blue color in the third photo and its intriguing but I think the second and fourth pictures are my favorite from how they are angled and also the lighting effects that you chose to go with.
ReplyDeleteThese photographs have a cinematic feel to them. The harsh light rushing into the interiors, and the stark contrast within the later single light source lamp photos gives the series a narrative quality. The monochromatic interiors and vertical framing unify the images. It is interesting how the changing light throughout the series creates a sort of consistency when viewed sequentially.
ReplyDelete