Sophia Klingbeil Post 2







Comments

  1. Great portraits all around! My absolute favorite is the picture of the young girl. The lighting and colors are so lovely, and her expression really sells it. Nice job! I like all of these portraits, but I would be interested to see what some of these looked like a little closer, I understand the ones in the garage are aided by the environment, but it's just a thought. I'd like to really see these people and their expressions up close. I think the color correction could use some slight tweaks like on the picture at the table outside, which is a little magenta. Otherwise, really great work! I'm excited to see the pictures that you continue to make, especially if its more portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep going back to that second picture as well. From a technical standpoint, the lighting is great and the framing is great. I love how consumed she looks, I think it speaks to the possibility of the future as well with how much entertainment has taken over. I'm interested to see more portrait shots in the future critiques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the picture of the child holding the controller. It's well framed and adds an air of suspense to the entire situation, as she looks a little spooked about the situation out of frame. With your dog photo, it seems like he is blurry but possibly not on purpose. When I take photos of my animals, (the fish, etc) I set my shutter speed to at least 1/250 if not higher to capture their movements. Its a giant pain in the butt to have an animal move too fast and hurt the overall picture. You have a great quality to them and I'm excited to see what else you put forward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These portraits do a great job of communicating the subject's character with a good deal of humor. The first photo of the man awkwardly holding a pile of tools is riddled with interesting details, like the oil on his forehead, the possibly fallen tools on the ground just below his grip, and his anxious smile, all harmoniously create a scene of lighthearted chaos. The photo below it of the girl and video game controller is another portrait that has a very narrative feel to it, her completely fascinated expression covered in the cast of the bright florescent screen create a sense of curiosity yet familiarity for the viewer.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment