I keep looking at the second photo the most. I really enjoy the lighting in it, as well as how it's framed. It gives off a very calm yet mysterious feeling. I see this in some of your other photos as well. I am looking forward to seeing your upcoming photos.
I enjoy the use of light that comes into play with a lot of your photos. For example the blanket in the car seat, how sharp the shadow lines are against the white fabric, i keep finding myself coming back to that one the most. You have a very good eye for the way you frame your photos and am looking forward to seeing the upcoming photos you have been working on.
I like your experimenting with the split color photography. Last time that I took this class, I did that as a large project and I had a fantastic time doing it. I would like to see what you create and how you make your way through the thought process of it all. Another photo that I'm a fan of of the straight on, medium shot of the singer, with low lights in the background and the intense expression on their face. I like how it invokes an emotion and is the obvious focal point of the photo.
Along with creating interesting lighting scenarios, your portraits communicate distinct expression. The lack of context in the first 2 photos isolates the subjects and forces the viewer to contemplate the image solely through lighting and expression, which together create an interesting and seemingly psychological atmosphere. The blurred motion of the woman playing guitar gives the image an elevated energy and documents the emotive quality of the atmosphere as well as the musician's performance. Your images of objects and your surroundings have a calmness to them but feel very different from one another. Great Phil pic.
I keep looking at the second photo the most. I really enjoy the lighting in it, as well as how it's framed. It gives off a very calm yet mysterious feeling. I see this in some of your other photos as well. I am looking forward to seeing your upcoming photos.
ReplyDeleteI enjoy the use of light that comes into play with a lot of your photos. For example the blanket in the car seat, how sharp the shadow lines are against the white fabric, i keep finding myself coming back to that one the most. You have a very good eye for the way you frame your photos and am looking forward to seeing the upcoming photos you have been working on.
ReplyDeleteI like your experimenting with the split color photography. Last time that I took this class, I did that as a large project and I had a fantastic time doing it. I would like to see what you create and how you make your way through the thought process of it all. Another photo that I'm a fan of of the straight on, medium shot of the singer, with low lights in the background and the intense expression on their face. I like how it invokes an emotion and is the obvious focal point of the photo.
ReplyDeleteAlong with creating interesting lighting scenarios, your portraits communicate distinct expression. The lack of context in the first 2 photos isolates the subjects and forces the viewer to contemplate the image solely through lighting and expression, which together create an interesting and seemingly psychological atmosphere. The blurred motion of the woman playing guitar gives the image an elevated energy and documents the emotive quality of the atmosphere as well as the musician's performance. Your images of objects and your surroundings have a calmness to them but feel very different from one another. Great Phil pic.
ReplyDelete