Group 3

Artist Statement
                               
            Throughout my time in color photography, I have been trying to portray emotions through my images. My series of photos uses nature and expression to show different emotions that I hope to evoke in my viewers. By using nature I'm able to show something beautiful that isn't ordinarily seen as something with a deeper meaning and transform it into something more. Those who view this series should think about the emotion within the pictures, as well as the beauty that nature can provide. Some people may feel a different emotion then the next because of their experiences in life and that is part of my goal. To me my photographs evoke many different emotions that I felt when taking the image but the viewer may feel something else as they look at the image. 









Comments

  1. This is an interesting departure for you Melissa, while your statement seems to focus on your views of nature the images speak more towards a personal and interior analysis of the space in which we reside. The 2nd, 4th, 5th and 6th images seem to me to be the strongest images in the group, both on an individual level and as a group; these images in particular evoke a sort of visceral feeling, something primal and claustrophobic. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment