As I move through this series I am constantly trying to pick up on clues of what these spaces once were. While I attempt to understand the contexts of these spaces I am derailed by the peculiar objects and the unique colors and textures that develop as these spaces fall apart. This tension between the familiar and the unknown gives this series a cinematic quality. You get small bits of information that contradict the space. For me this tension alludes to a narrative but does so in an open ended way. I think allowing the viewer to interpret these scenes for themselves makes this series very intriguing.
As I move through this series I am constantly trying to pick up on clues of what these spaces once were. While I attempt to understand the contexts of these spaces I am derailed by the peculiar objects and the unique colors and textures that develop as these spaces fall apart. This tension between the familiar and the unknown gives this series a cinematic quality. You get small bits of information that contradict the space. For me this tension alludes to a narrative but does so in an open ended way. I think allowing the viewer to interpret these scenes for themselves makes this series very intriguing.
ReplyDelete